This week-long Femap training course taught by Predictive Engineering and Applied CAx takes the user from the ground floor through FEA best practices. It then moves into advanced subjects dealing with manifold and non-manifold surface modeling, detailed plate meshing, and tet versus hex meshing. The optional final day finishes with a focus on customization and automation using Excel and Femap's own API interface.
The course is fast-paced and follows a workshop format with theory, practice, and Q&A sessions. Sessions are created and managed by George Laird, PhD, PE, and Adrian Jensen, PE, experienced simulation engineers who have used Femap & NX Nastran on a daily basis for longer than they can remember. Attendees will receive information on where to find free Femap training resources, and will have a chance to get answers to their FEA questions.
Cost: $2450 (optional 5th day on API & customization additional $575)
|Co-instructor Adrian Jensen|
|The Femap training class in session, April 20-24, 2015|
|The April 2015 class takes a short break for a group photo|
FEMAP TRAINING COURSE OUTLINE:
Foundation of FEA Modeling with Femap + NX Nastran (Two Days)
- FEA theoretical background w.r.t Beam, Isoparametric and special elements
- Tour of Femap interface: Preferences, Panes, Toolboxes, Help and Tips & Tricks
- Femap modeling workflow for Beam, Plate and Solid (BPS) element
- Static stress analysis and results interpretation of BPS elements
- Introduction to Plate and Solid modeling with surface and solid geometry and Mesh Toolbox
- Introduction to Assembly Modeling: Glued, Contact and Rigid element Usage
Advanced Femap + NX Nastran (Two Days)
- Surface modeling using Manifold and Non-Manifold geometries
- Advanced surface preparation for high-accuracy Plate modeling
- Meshing toolbox tips and tricks with Jacobian optimization
- Building efficient assemblies via efficient Solid modeling (tet & hex elements) and Linear Contact
- Introduction to linear dynamics (modal analysis tips & tricks)
- Non-linear analysis: geometric versus material non-linearity and best practices
Customization & Automation of Femap (One Day)
- Automation of results processing via Excel
- Introduction to Femap's macro capability
- Introduction to Femap's API via Custom Tools
- Programming Femap's API
A full set of the class notes are available to purchase.
For those looking for more advanced nonlinear training using Femap and LS-DYNA, please visit the LS-DYNA training page for Predictive Engineering.