The new version of Fibersim provides design engineers with a powerful decision support environment for optimizing products by enabling them to import and update their CAD model from the CAE composite part representation. As a result, design engineers and stress analysts communicate better and make smarter decisions that result in better products.
- Support for new composite design manufacturing techniques and improved integration with Teamcenter.
- High performance open format Analysis Interface widely adopted by best-in-class CAE solutions, enabling customers to work with the tools they want to use.
- High definition (HD) user experience for visualizing and refining imported CAE ply boundary definitions and incorporating them into the master model definition.
- Analysis Interface enables the bi-directional exchange of CAE and CAD composite data eliminating the need for interpretation and manual data re-entry. Data exchanged includes composite part metadata and geometric representations for plies and cores.
- Improved ability to manage the revisions of composite CAD models from NX, Catia and Creo within Teamcenter, ensuring full revision management of derivative data sets generated by Fibersim while also associating the files to the master composite part definition model.
In addition, the new version of Fibersim introduces native design workflow support for parts designed to the manufacturing extended definition. Most parts are defined to their engineering net definition and then extended to incorporate manufacturing excess. Companies have found that many part types do not lend themselves to this standard design approach and, instead, are best designed to the manufacturing extended definition and then trimmed to the engineering net definition. The parts are designed in this manner so minimum weight can be achieved while maintaining standard transition offset requirements.